BenQ Launches Next Generation BlueCore Light Engine Education Projectors: LX60ST and LW61ST
Mercury-free Laser Light Source; SmartEcoTM Advanced Technology; 20000 Hours of Reliable Brightness;
Up to 90% Less Light Source Power Consumption; 80000:1 Ultra-High Contrast Ratio; Instant On/Off
Recognizing that technology is often the key to stimulate and engage their tech-savvy learners, educators constantly find themselves facing a tough decision when it comes to choosing a TCO-friendly projection solution that doesn’t compromise on quality and performance. BenQ, an internationally renowned provider of digital lifestyle innovations and global DLP® education projector leader made that choice simpler today with the releases of the LX60ST and LW61ST. These short-throw education projectors are the first in the world to incorporate BenQ’s mercury-free BlueCore light engine to deliver superb energy efficiency, projection performance and instant readiness, saving money and helping the environment at the same time.
Designed to bring images to life while keeping the total cost of ownership down, the cutting-edge BlueCore light engine utilizes the unparalleled qualities of a unique laser light source rather than a traditional mercury lamp to achieve up to 90% less light source power consumption as well as:
• An average of 20000 hours of reliable brightness in Eco Mode
• 80000:1 ultra-high contrast ratio for outstanding images and crisp clear content
• Instant on/off capability to save time on projector warm up or cool down
• Manual brightness level adjustment to suit different surroundings
• A mercury-free light source that is more environmentally friendly and safe
“We are more than pleased to announce the launch of our BlueCore education projectors,” says Peter Chen, EVP and General Manager of BenQ Technology Product Center. “It has always been our goal to bring a higher level of freedom, productivity, simplicity and enjoyment into the classroom, and BlueCore shows that we are one big step closer to fulfilling that promise. It proves that we understand the challenges schools face and as the DLP® education projector leader, we have actively became part of the solution.”
One of the most impressive features of the BenQ BlueCore projectors is the ability lower light source power consumption significantly by up to 90%. A laser light source can be dimmed down to only 10% of its brightness. However, it’s the BlueCore-driven SmartEco Advanced technology that optimizes the performance of the projector light source system to bring impressive brightness, longer lighting life and high energy efficiency to schools:
• SmartEco Mode: automatically determines the optimal brightness level by the input source to generate the best image contrast
• No Source Detected Mode: automatically lowers the projector brightness to 10% when no display source has been detected for over three minutes
• Eco Blank Mode: enables teachers to blank the projector screen when the projector is not in use to redirect students’ focus back on them while lowering the light source power consumption to only 10%
Other great qualities of the LX60ST and LW61ST BlueCore classroom projectors include 2000 ANSI lumen brightness, XGA/WXGA resolution, 0.6/0.49 short-throw projection, two 10W built-in speakers, microphone input, <0.5W standby power, Apple iPhone/iPad wireless display support, LAN Display, USB Display and 360° tilted projection.